Wednesday, February 15

Peppermint Oil

I use a lot of peppermint oil in my home. Whether it is for fragrance, getting a bad smell out of the kitchen, brushing my teeth, or if the kids are sick there is always a great use for peppermint oil.

Here is a tip of the day for children with ear infections. Rub peppermint oil on the outside of there ears to prevent infections, it works!! No ear infections and discomfort at all.

If you or your children are congested, using a teapot filled with steaming water and a drop of peppermint oil, and breathe! It will naturally help clear your sinuses. For babies and non cooperative toddlers, if you use the steamy bathroom as a trick, try adding a drop of peppermint oil into the steaming bath so they can reap the benefits!

If you want to give your linens or house a fresh fragrance, just like a febreze spray, you would use a empty spray bottle, fill with water and peppermint oil, and viola spray away. You have a natural fresh scent throughout your home.

If you store food in the fridge and cant get the smell out, get some peppermint oil and water in a spray bottle, and it will kill the smell without spraying harsh chemicals, or perfumes into your fridge.

I REALLY like the smell of peppermint oil in my laundry! I don't know what it is but it leaves it feeling minty clean. I use a combination of dr.bronners, peppermint oil, salt, and baking soda! Simple, easy, WORKS, and is much cheaper than buying detergent.

I do not use toothpaste anymore to brush my teeth, so I have been using a combination of zeolite, baking soda, and peppermint oil (special note: Sunflower and coconut oil are also great to add into your oral hygiene) routine. It is exactly the same as toothpaste but there are no chemicals, my teeth are healthier and I feel overall better since no longer using tooth paste.






Now Foods- Peppermint Oil, 4oz

1 comment:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

What!?! Am going to write these down, haha!! They will come in handy, I took Aromatherapy some years ago, I need to get my books out and brush up really, I forgot all this!! Definitely need it for smells in the fridge and the ear thing too..super!! :)